Diversity in practice
Who should attend?
The workshop is appropriate for all childcare practitioners from any childcare setting, including childminders. This workshop can be delivered to practitioners from a range of settings or for teams of practitioners working in the same setting as a team building exercise.
Half day – 4 hours
Delegates attending this workshop will have a better understanding about how to integrate diversity within their practice. They will appreciate the benefits for children, families and communities. The requirements within Early Years Foundation Stage will be highlighted in relation to the policies, procedures and practices that must be in place to meet criteria set out within the welfare requirements.
Delegates will have an opportunity to examine a range of resources that promote diversity and will be provided with tools to enable them to plan appropriate activities. Delegates will be able to confidently plan activities to positively promote and value diversity in every part of their practice.
- Have a clear understanding of key legislation that relates to equality and diversity within the childcare sector
- Be clear about the policies, procedures and practices that must be in place to meet the requirements of EYFS
- Have a clear definition of diversity and equality and be able to reflect on current practice
- Be able to examine a range of resources and plan activities to foster a diversity rich environment
- Understand the benefits for children, families and communities in accepting and valuing diversity
- Be able to creatively plan diversity into activities in the short, medium and long term