Policies and procedures
Who should attend?
The workshop is appropriate for managers and deputy managers of any childcare setting. Childminders would also benefit from the workshop but it is not suitable for a mixture both groups in the same workshop because the material and delivery would be adjusted accordingly.
Full day – 6 hours
Delegates attending this workshop will be better informed about the policies and procedures essential to meet the welfare requirements of EYFS and other key legislation. The workshop focuses on the benefits of having clear policies and procedures in relation to developing and maintaining a sustainable business, how they exist to protect the childcare provider as well as the service users, their importance as a marketing tool and how they should reflect their ethos and quality standards. Delegates will be better informed about how to create and update P&P’s and be clear about what needs to be in place. The importance of risk assessments will also be explored and a simple 3 step plan will be demonstrated.
- Fully appreciate the business benefits of having clear policies and procedures
- Be clear about the policies and procedures required to meet Early Years Foundation Stage and other key legislation including; employment law, health and safety and safeguarding.
- Be able to use criteria set out within EYFS to create a policy and procedure
- Be able to use criteria set out within EYFS to identify gaps in current policies and procedures and make amendments
- Be able to carry out a simple risk assessment and be clear about the range of activities that would require an individual risk assessment
- Understand the importance of reviewing all policies, procedures and risk assessments