Who should attend?
This in house workshop is suitable for all staff working with tenants on a one to one basis. Housing officers, neighbourhood teams, services and utilities, independent living services, income/arrears teams, caretakers and all out of hours services.
Half day or full day workshops available Monday to Saturday.
It will be tailored to include the organisations policies and procedures regarding lone working and is designed to raise awareness of risks staff may face when working alone. It will support staff to identify potential risks and provide useful strategies and tools to minimise risk and manage personal safety. Staff will feel more confident in managing their personal safety and conflict situations.
Key Skills and Learning Outcomes
- Be aware of the legislation, the internal policies and procedures and good practice guidance in relation to lone working
- Understand best practice for safety while conducting home visits from leaving the office to leaving the visit
- Be able to identify and assess risk related to all aspects of lone working
- Be clear about the importance of tracking systems and reporting individuals whereabouts
- A clear understanding of the internal and external emergency procedures and how to report incidents internally and externally
- Have strategies for conflict resolution, including recognising the early warning signs of aggression and de-escalation techniques
- Know the options for staff support after an incident